Sworn / Legal English-Spanish Translator
London-based professional Sworn / Legal English-Spanish translator with more than 15 years of experience in legal and marketing translation, and with a Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL). Providing legal translation services to law firms, notary's offices, Legal departments and language service providers. Appointed Sworn English-Spanish and Spanish-English Translator-Interpreter (Traductor-Intérprete Jurado de Inglés) by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Co-operation in 2003. Extensive knowledge of Spanish law gained through continuous professional development. Currently registered with the Consulate of Spain in London. Official certified (sworn) Spanish translations accepted by Spanish Courts, embassies, universities and other official bodies and authorities. Fast service. Author of a bilingual blog on legal English-Spanish translation. Offering one-to one Legal Spanish lessons.
Few facts about me
- Bachelor's Degree in Translation and Interpreting by Pontificia Comillas University of Madrid (ICAI-ICADE), with a focus on legal-financial English-Spanish, Spanish-English and French-Spanish translation (2002).
- Graduate Diploma in English Law (GDL) by BPP University (London, 2016).
- Appointed Certified / Sworn English-Spanish and Spanish-English Translator (Traductor Jurado de Inglés) by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Co-operation in 2003.
- 15+ years of experience as a Sworn / Legal English-Spanish translator.
- A Chartered Linguist (check my appointment here) and Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (member check here).
- Professional Member of Proz.com.
- Author of bilingual blog on legal translation (click here).
- Legal Spanish teacher trained at Instituto Cervantes London and with a Graduate Certificate in Spanish Language Teaching to Adults (GCSLTA) accredited by the University of Roehampton.
- Limited companies in Spain: forms, legal requirements and steps for incorporationIf you are setting up a limited company in Spain, you are a legal translator working from Spanish […]
- Why you should hire a professional for translating your legal documentsTranslating legal documents requires a skillset that only experienced professionals knowledgeable […]
- Legal Spanish: 4 polysemic words (causante, lesión, práctica and prestación)In one of my previous posts on the characteristics of legal Spanish I addressed polysemy, i.e the […]
- Linguistic Features of Legal Spanish (II)This post is a continuation to my previous post on the main characteristics of legal Spanish, where […]
- Linguistic Features of Legal Spanish (I)Whether you are a learner of legal Spanish or a legal translator working from Spanish into another […]