English-Spanish Sworn / Legal Translator
English-Spanish Sworn / Legal translator with more than 15 years of experience in legal translation. Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL). Specialising in trusts, contracts, company documents and civil litigation documents. Translation services for law firms, notary's offices, Legal departments and consulting firms. Appointed as English-Spanish and Spanish-English Sworn Translator-Interpreter (Traductor-Intérprete Jurado de Inglés) by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs in 2003. Official certified (sworn) Spanish translations accepted by Spanish Courts, embassies, universities and other official bodies and authorities. Author of a bilingual blog on legal English-Spanish translation. Offering one-to one Legal Spanish lessons. Offices in London and the Canary Islands.
Few facts about me
- Bachelor's Degree in Translation and Interpreting by Pontificia Comillas University of Madrid (ICAI-ICADE), with a focus on legal-financial English-Spanish, Spanish-English and French-Spanish translation (2002).
- Graduate Diploma in English Law (GDL) by BPP University (London, 2016).
- Appointed Certified / Sworn English-Spanish and Spanish-English Translator (Traductor Jurado de Inglés) by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Co-operation in 2003.
- 15+ years of experience as a Sworn / Legal English-Spanish translator.
- A Chartered Linguist (check my appointment here) and Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (member check here).
- A member of the British Spanish Law Association.
- Author of a bilingual blog on sworn and legal English-Spanish and Spanish-English translation (click here).
- Legal Spanish teacher trained at Instituto Cervantes London and with a Graduate Certificate in Spanish Language Teaching to Adults (GCSLTA) accredited by the University of Roehampton.
- Sworn Spanish translation of documents for administering Spanish assets upon deathIf you have been appointed as the executor or administrator of an […]
- Non-harmonised CIS: requirements for trading in SpainIn Spain, collective investment schemes (‘CIS’) are […]
- Do I need to have my documents apostilled?What is an apostille and when must a document be apostilled for […]
- About Spanish sworn translatorsThe UK does not have a sworn translation system like Spain, France […]
- Advantages of digitally-signed sworn translationsA few months ago I wrote a post announcing that some Spanish public […]
- Official, certified, sworn, notarized, legal, legalised translation and apostilling, explainedDo you know the difference between an official, certified and sworn […]
- 5 great legal podcasts for English-Spanish translatorsWhat’s your preferred style of learning? Visual? Kinesthetic? […]
- Sight translation FAQsSight translation is one of my favourites. I have recently been hired […]
- Setting up a branch or subsidiary in SpainIf you are setting up a branch or a subsidiary of a UK limited […]
- Why you should hire a professional for translating your legal documentsTranslating legal documents requires a skillset that only experienced […]