Sworn / Legal English-Spanish Translator
London-based professional Sworn / Legal English-Spanish translator with more than 15 years of experience in legal and marketing translation, and with a Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL). Providing legal translation services to law firms, notary's offices, Legal departments and language service providers. Appointed Sworn English-Spanish and Spanish-English Translator-Interpreter (Traductor-Intérprete Jurado de Inglés) by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Co-operation in 2003. Extensive knowledge of Spanish law gained through continuous professional development. Currently registered with the Consulate of Spain in London. Official certified (sworn) Spanish translations accepted by Spanish Courts, embassies, universities and other official bodies and authorities. Fast service. Author of a bilingual blog on legal English-Spanish translation. Offering one-to one Legal Spanish lessons.
Few facts about me
- Bachelor's Degree in Translation and Interpreting by Pontificia Comillas University of Madrid (ICAI-ICADE), with a focus on legal-financial English-Spanish, Spanish-English and French-Spanish translation (2002).
- Graduate Diploma in English Law (GDL) by BPP University (London, 2016).
- Appointed Certified / Sworn English-Spanish and Spanish-English Translator (Traductor Jurado de Inglés) by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Co-operation in 2003.
- 15+ years of experience as a Sworn / Legal English-Spanish translator.
- A Chartered Linguist (check my appointment here) and Member of the Chartered Institute of Linguists (member check here).
- Professional Member of Proz.com.
- Author of bilingual blog on legal translation (click here).
- Legal Spanish teacher trained at Instituto Cervantes London and with a Graduate Certificate in Spanish Language Teaching to Adults (GCSLTA) accredited by the University of Roehampton.
- Official, certified, sworn, notarized, legal, legalised translation and apostilling, explainedIf you have not been requested an official translation before, you might get confused by the […]
- 5 great legal podcasts for English-Spanish translatorsWhat’s your preferred style of learning? Visual? Kinesthetic? Reading/writing? Or… […]
- Sight translation FAQsSight translation is one of my favourites. I have recently been hired for an over-the-phone sight […]
- Limited companies in Spain: forms, legal requirements and steps for incorporationIf you are setting up a limited company in Spain, you are a legal translator working from Spanish […]
- Why you should hire a professional for translating your legal documentsTranslating legal documents requires a skillset that only experienced professionals knowledgeable […]