As a translator, you know that SEO for translators is important for getting your work seen by potential clients. But what about content marketing?
Content marketing is a form of marketing that involves creating and sharing online material (such as blog posts, videos, and infographics) to attract and keep customers.
When it comes to content marketing for translators, there are a few things you can do to get started.
1. Write blog posts about topics related to translation.
2. Create videos about the translation process or tips for translators.
3. Share infographics about the benefits of translation or common misconceptions about translation.
4. Post translations of popular articles or blog posts on your website or blog.
5. Share interesting facts or statistics about language learning or translation on social media.
By creating and sharing engaging content, you can reach new audiences and build relationships with potential clients. Content marketing is an essential part of any translator’s marketing strategy!
What is SEO?
SEO is short for ‘Search engine optimization.’ It is a long-term marketing strategy employed to improve a website’s visibility and organic search results in Google and other global search engines. For translators, SEO is an essential tool to attract new clients and grow their business.
There are many factors that go into SEO for translators, but some of the most important ones are:
1) Using the right keywords: Identify the words and phrases that potential clients are using to search for translation services, and incorporate them into your website and blog content.
2) Creating high-quality content: To attract attention from search engines and potential clients, your website and blog content must be well-written and relevant to your field of expertise, i.e. translation. Consultants working in Search Engine Optimization say: ‘Content is king’.
3) Building backlinks: Search engines place a lot of emphasis on the number and quality of backlinks pointing to a website. Therefore, it’s important to build relationships with other websites in the translation industry and get them to link to your site.
4) Optimizing your website for mobile: More and more people are using their smartphones and tablets to search the internet. More than 62% of the internet traffic today is done by a mobile device and Google ranks down every website which not mobile-friendly. Make sure your website is optimized for mobile devices!
5) Speeding it up: Google said two years ago that a visitor does wait approximately 2-3 seconds – if within this time frame your website has not been loaded, your potential client is gone!
How can search engine optimization help you
If you’re a translator, then you know how critical it is to be found online. After all, how can you get clients if they can’t find you? That’s where SEO comes in. SEO, or search engine optimization, is the process of making your website more visible in search engine results pages. This is important because the higher up you are in the results pages, the more likely people are to click on your listing and visit your site.
There are many things you can do to optimize your site for SEO. These include things like making sure your website is mobile-friendly, using relevant keywords, and creating quality content. If you’re not sure where to start, then consider hiring an SEO specialist to help you out, such as Commander SEO. They can assess your website and help you to make the necessary changes to get better results. In no time at all, you could be seeing an increase in traffic and clients!
An SEO strategy
As a translator, one of your main goals is to make your site as visible as possible to potential clients. And one of the best ways to do that is to optimize your site for search engines. There are numerous things you can do to make your site more search engine friendly. Here are a few:
1. Use keywords throughout your site. Make sure to use them in the titles and tags of your blog posts, as well as in the body text.
2. Optimize your images. Include keywords in the file names and alt tags of any images you upload to your site.
3. Link to other relevant sites. When you link to other websites, it helps improve your site’s ranking in the search results. So be sure to include links to relevant websites in your blog posts.
4. Promote your content on social media. When you share your blog posts on social media, it can help them reach a wider audience and get more attention from the search engines.
By following these SEO translation tips, you can help make sure that your site is visible in the search results and that potential clients can find you easily online.
MORE ON SEO HERE:
Sworn / Legal English-Spanish Translator with more than 15 years of experience in legal translation. BA in Translation & Interpreting and Graduate Diploma in English Law. Specialising in trusts, contracts, company documents and civil litigation documents. Traductora jurada y jurídica de inglés con más de 15 años de experiencia en la traducción jurídica. Licenciada en Traducción e Interpretación y Graduada en Derecho inglés. Especializada en trusts, contratos, documentos societarios y escritos y documentos para procesos civiles y mercantiles.